Monday 30 August 2021

Racing with myself

Racing with myself


I'm racing with myself,


But I'm not in a hurry.
Part of me is focused,
Only on the life's worries.


Rest of me wanders
Like rovers on Mars,
Racing at the speed of 120
All while sitting idle for hours.


Shaky limbs, spinning vision,
Wobbly steps, throbbing head
A wretched sense of world, 
Surrendering to crazy delusions.


Restless and tired,
Bothered by why
I'm so differently wired?


All of the world's problems,
They seem on my shoulders, 
Be it so tiny like rocks, 
Or as big as boulders.


I feel trapped in the mind
by the self I am racing with,
Why am I so blind
To these schemes I can't unwind?


I feel tired and out of control 
Powerless and uninspired
Funneling down this deep sinkhole.


Nothing helps, I tried –
so arduous it is to shift my thoughts!
I tend to keep fighting them 
But isn't that all they seek?
To see me like this;
Racing to my last breath, 
sick and exhausted?


I am in Curnow's shoes now,
Lack of desire, lack of will,
An unmanageable distraction,
But channeling creativity still.


To all who feel like pawns,
in the games of their brains,
Know this –
You'll soon be unchained.

No comments:

Post a Comment