Thursday 23 November 2017

Girt – Phase 1: Feet in the black, out of the white

Phase 1: Feet in the black, out of the white

Midst of nature, a day at Ladakh trekking towards the first camp. Fun, joyous, exciting, tiring and funny; we walk through stones, sands, roads, and inclines. Great camp assisters we had, I loved them for every effort of theirs and the charming smiles they always had on their glimmering faces! Although cold, not chilling an evening, we finally made it to our first camp and while waiting for the slow and tedious second group to arrive, we lent our hands to assemble the tents – where we rested as our dear Sun stowed itself onto the west! "Three in one!", said one of my instructors. I aggregated myself with the closest friends I have ever had. 10:00 PM it was when the Sun had already vanished making space for the stars and moon to spend their night. We closed our tents and eyes, entering a trance and later sleep. In the depth of it, unaware of what happened, I woke up to the next dawn of people chirping about a boy yelling at 12:00AM, chirping precisely like a bird, that I cannot construe of. "I'm trapped, open the tent please!" He said! And "I'll die, please, open the tent! Please!" as well! Not a second past that, I hear my friends murmur in a disquieting tone: "Is he up yet? We need to talk about what happened to him last night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment